Tuesday 7 January 2014

A Happy stitchy New Year and Starry Night progress

Been a good start to the year so far, plenty of stitchy progress.

I got most of my Christmas order through...drool!


I haven't made any stitching resolutions other than to stitch, stitch, stitch. And more importantly finish more stuff. Which looking back over this years finishes I have done pretty well. 2012 I have 7 finished, small wonder due to the arrival of my youngest that year. But 2013, I have totted up 19 finishes. A lot have been smaller finishes and of the three big finishes, two were started the year before, but I am still pleased with that. Check out the 2013 finishes tab at the top.
 
Here is my final finish of 2013. I finished this mini on New Years Eve.
I love the iridescent aida but the picture doesn't do it justice.
 
In light of my resolution to finish more, I found I had done all the cross stitch for these cards an age ago.
So I finished them off, making this my first finish of 2014.


I also tidied my threads up I have been meaning to do this for a while. 

 
I had started this bunny for my cousins expected bundle of joy due at the beginning of Feb.
 

 
As you can see it is completed as she decided she was going to make an early appearance and I had a rush on to get it finished.
 
And finally I have done my 10 hours on Starry Night.
 
Here it is before:

And now:

Oh yeah A page finish!!!!
 
It has been hard to find the odd spaces dotted around and dealing with all the confetti so just after I started the next page I decided I would give a bit of stitch and park a go. 
 
So far It's been great, a much calmer way of stitching this confetti heavy piece. So I'm going to continue with it and see how I get on for this next page.

So I'm feeling on track to getting plenty more progress going this year!!!

Hope you all have a productive year.

Keep stitching...

No comments:

Post a Comment